Integrate Callingly With HubSpot
|Two-way owner sync
Callingly connects to your HubSpot account, allowing you to trigger calls to your leads using a Workflow in HubSpot. The call results and recording can then sync back to HubSpot.
Owners and Admins can enable integrations. Approx. reading time 6 min.
Connect Callingly to HubSpot
You'll initiate the connection between Callingly and HubSpot from the Callingly side.
- Navigate to the Integrations page from the Callingly dashboard.
- Click the Connect button next to the HubSpot integration option.
Select the HubSpot account you wish to use on the screen that pops up, to grant Callingly access to your HubSpot account.Note: If you're not logged in, you'll be taken to HubSpot's login page first.
- Click the Choose Account button. The HubSpot connection will happen and you'll be redirected back to Callingly.
Now that your integration is installed, you can set up a few options. This is where you can also change options in the future.
The name of your integration. If using multiple instances of an integration with the same app, it’s a good idea to change this to something more descriptive.
|Text input box
|Enter up to 250 alphanumeric characters
Sync Calls to HubSpot
Turning this on will create a note in HubSpot with a statement that the call happened. The note will include a link to the call recording in Callingly.
|Off and On
Sync Lead Owner to HubSpot
Sync the Lead Owner info in Product back to HubSpot after a User connects with a Lead for the first time. It doesn't matter if the owner is changed manually or automatically.
|Off and On
The field names in Callingly correspond to the fields associated with Contact records in HubSpot. You'll select the appropriate field from the dropdown menu based on the information you're using in HubSpot. These include Callingly default fields as well as any custom fields you have added.
|Callingly Field Name
|Default HubSpot Field Used
| First Name
| First Name
Create a Workflow in HubSpot
Now we need to set up a workflow in HubSpot that will pass Lead information to Callingly and start the outbound call flow.
For the purposes of this article, we want our workflow to cause new leads to be called through Callingly. We don’t need anything to happen through Callingly when an existing HubSpot lead changes.
From the dashboard of your HubSpot account:
- Click Workflows in the top navigation menu. You'll be redirected to the workflows page.
- Hit the Create Workflow button in the top right corner of the page.
- Choose From Scratch from the dropdown menu. You'll be taken to the setup page.
- Select either Contact-, Deal-, or Ticket- based for the type of workflow. The other options HubSpot provides will not work with Callingly. For the purposes of this article, we'll choose a Contact-based workflow.
- Tick the Blank workflow option under the question How do you want this workflow to start?
- Click Next
Set up triggers
For our article, we want Callingly’s outbound call flow to be triggered when a new lead comes into HubSpot. Because of the way HubSpot works, we’ll want to specify that we only want to trigger the workflow for New Leads that were created after today’s date — otherwise, we’ll start calling anyone and everyone with the Lead status of New.
- Click the Set up triggers button. A panel will slide open asking you to select a filter type.
- Choose the Contact properties filter.
- Select Lead Status.
- Tick the is any of box.
- Choose New from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Apply filter button.
- Press the AND button to add a secondary filter.
Repeat steps 2 – 6, adding Became a lead date as the secondary filter, setting the date to after today’s date.Tip: You might also add a tertiary filter that filters out any leads that don’t have phone numbers, to help conserve resources.
Click the Save button.Note: Only you know how your HubSpot setup works best. These parameters are for demonstration purposes only and might not work for you. In that case, choose what does!
Create an action
It’s great for the workflow to start, but if we don’t define an action nothing will happen. So let’s tell HubSpot what is meant to happen to our Leads after they enter the workflow.
- Hit the + button in your workflow path to add an action to it.
- Select Start Call under the Callingly list of actions.
- Choose a Team from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Save button to save the chosen action in your workflow.
Review and publish your workflow
It's crucial that you both Review and publish your workflow; otherwise, all the work you’ve done is for naught!
- Press the Review and publish button in the top right corner of the screen. You’ll be taken to a screen where you’re asked to select a few options.
- Choose Yes, enroll existing contacts who meet the trigger criteria as of now. Since we included a filter for the Became a lead date, we don’t need to worry about unnecessary contacts hitting this workflow.
- Configure any other settings on this page that you feel are necessary. For example, under the heading When a contact no longer meets the criteria you might choose to have them removed from the workflow.
Click the Turn on button in the top right corner of the page.Tip: It’s a good idea to name your workflow with something unique and descriptive. This way, you can easily find it again later if you need to update it or do troubleshooting.
Sync Lead Owner
If you opt to have your Lead Owners synced between Callingly and HubSpot, you’ll need to complete these steps.
To do this, from your Callingly dashboard:
- Go to the Users page of your Callingly account.
- Click the Edit button for the User you want to change.
- Select the correct user via the dropdown menu under the HubSpot User heading.
Save your changes.
- Repeat these steps for every Callingly User.
When a Lead with a Deal Owner is synced into Callingly, the Lead will maintain that relationship with your User as the deal owner.
- Test the integration. Create a new fake lead in your HubSpot account, ensuring that it matches whatever parameters you included in your workflow. This should cause the lead to enter the HubSpot workflow. A call will initiate through the outbound call flow within a few minutes.
- Set the call schedule. Be sure to set the schedule for when your Team can receive calls. This way, nobody will receive a call outside of work hours.
Route to different HubSpot Teams based on Lead information
You can route leads to specific teams based on the Lead’s information. Add an if/then branch before the Start Call action event in your workflow. You can then put the Start Call action after each if/then branch, choosing a different Team for each action.
Where is the lead status synced in HubSpot?
The lead status and lead results are synced to the contact’s callingly_status and callingly_results fields in HubSpot.
How do I route leads to different Teams?
You can add an if/then branch before the Start Call action event in your workflow. You can then put the Start Call action after each if/then branch, choosing a different HubSpot Team for each action.
How do I ensure the correct fields are synced between HubSpot and Callingly?
On the Integrations page in Callingly, select the fields from HubSpot that match the Callingly fields. Choose the appropriate item for HubSpot from the dropdown menu for each Callingly field. We provide more detail about this in the field mapping section above.
How do I sync the lead owner between HubSpot and Callingly?
You can do this by heading over to the Users page in Callingly and editing the User you want to change. Look for the HubSpot User field box and select the user from the dropdown menu. When a Lead is synced into Callingly, the Lead will maintain that relationship with your user as the lead owner.