Using Callingly's Desktop App
Callingly's desktop app allows you to take and make phone calls through your computer using Callingly as a VoIP system, without the need for keeping Callingly open in a browser tab.
All users with a Callingly login can use the desktop app.Approx. reading time 2 min.
Download And Install The App
You can download the Callingly app from inside your Callingly account. Hover over your name in the bottom left corner of the account and select Desktop App from the menu that opens.
Alternatively, click this link to download the app directly.
After downloading the install package, complete the installation by following the onscreen instructions relevant to your system.
Set Up The App
- Microphone: The microphone used as the input device during calls.
- Speaker: The speaker used as output device during calls.
- Ringer: The speaker used as the output device when an incoming call rings.
Receiving A Lead
When lead information comes in, you'll receive a notification of the call through the desktop app. When the call comes in, you'll have two options:
- Call. Pressing Call will connect the call and ring out to the lead. After the call is complete, apply a disposition from the following three options:
- Contacted. Choose Contacted if you successfully connected with the lead and had a conversation.
- Voicemail. Choose Voicemail if you were unable to connect directly with the lead, but you did leave a voicemail.
- Missed. Choose Missed if the lead didn't answer and no voicemail was left.
- Reject. Pressing Reject will decline the incoming call. The lead will then continue through the call routing schedule.
Why can't I hear my lead?
Most likely, your speaker settings are set to the wrong device. While on the call, take a look at the bottom of the screen. You should see a headphones icon with a sound bar next to it. If the sound bar is showing any green, that means Callingly is receiving sound from the lead, but that sound isn't going to the expected output device. You'll need to change the settings following the instructions found in step five above.
If the bar is only gray, with no green, that means Callingly isn't receiving sound at all. Most likely that means that there is an issue with the input on the lead's side.
Why can't my lead hear me?
Most likely, your microphone settings are set to the wrong device. While on the call, take a look at the bottom of the screen. You should see a microphone icon with a sound bar next to it. If the sound bar isn't showing any green, that means Callingly isn't receiving sound from your microphone. You'll need to change the settings following the instructions found in step five above.
If the bar shows green, that means Callingly is receiving input from your microphone fine, and there's most likely an output issue on the lead's side.