Integrate Callingly With Email
|One-way integration||Email trigger||No owner sync|
Callingly can receive emails with lead data, allowing you to instantly trigger calls to your leads.
Owners and Admins can enable integrations. Approx. reading time 3 min.
Connect Callingly to Your Email Account
To fully connect Callingly and your email account, you’ll need to first turn on the integration in Callingly. Once you've done that, let us know about it, and then start emailing us lead information — ideally through forwarding rules. Let’s start at the beginning.
Turn on the integration in Callingly
- Navigate to the Integrations page on the Callingly dashboard.
Hit the Connect button next to the Email integration option. A new menu will slide open, allowing you to edit a few options. Edit them as you see fit.
NameThe name of your integration. If using multiple instances of an integration with the same app, it’s a good idea to change this to something more descriptive.
Input Type Options Default Setting Text input box Up to 250 alphanumeric characters Email Integration
The email address where you’ll send lead data, to trigger the Callingly outbound call flow. Copy this email address to your clipboard for later.Note: An @mail.callingly.com email address is automatically generated for you, and cannot be changed.
Leads sent to this integration will be routed to this Team.
Input Type Options Default Setting Dropdown menu Each team in your account Primary team
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Send a few test emails to your autogenerated @mail.callingly.com email address. These should come from the email address that you intend to use to send lead data.
- Contact us through live chat or email@example.com to let us know you’ve installed an email integration. Our team will set up rules to parse your emails so everything lands in the appropriate place moving forward. Please allow a few business hours for this to take place.
Send emails to your mail.callingly.com email address
After we parse your emails, we’ll send you a message letting you know the email setup is finished.
You can now begin emailing lead data to your mail.callingly.com email address. For best results, we have a few recommendations around this:
- Send one lead per email
- Always use the same formatting and structure when sending emails to a Callingly integration email address. If you have lead source emails with multiple formats, create a new email integration for each one.
Set up forwarding rules
We recommend setting up email forwarding rules to send lead information to Callingly automatically. You’ll need to check with your email provider about how to set up forwarding rules for your specific account. Just be sure the forward-to address is the email address provided to you in the Callingly integration.
The Scranton branch of the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company receives lead information through a form submission. The form sends the information to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org .
They set up a forwarding rule in their email client to automatically forward any new messages to their @mail.callingly.com email address. This ensures that calls to the Scranton team automatically begin within a few minutes of receiving the lead information.
- Test the integration. After our support team has completed parsing your emails, send fake lead data to your @mail.callingly.com email address. The outbound call flow should begin within a few minutes.
- Set the call schedule. Once you've added your team, you'll want to set the schedule for when they can receive calls. This way, nobody will receive a call outside of work hours.
How do I send calls to different teams?
You can do this by setting up multiple instances of the email integration. Simply pick a unique team for each integration, and send the lead information to the corresponding email address.