Troubleshooting Common Phone Issues
1. System Doesn't Recognize Key Presses
Sometimes, the system may not recognize that you are pressing keys on your phone (e.g., the number 1). This is typically a sign of interference or a connection issue between your phone system and Callingly.
- If this happens, try using the Callingly mobile app to see if the problem persists.
- If you continue to experience difficulties, please reach out to our support team. They are always ready to assist you.
2. My Phone Doesn't Ring
If your phone isn't ringing when it should, follow these steps:
Step #1: Check for any error messages on the Callingly Dashboard. This may help identify the issue.
Step #2: Try changing your team's dispatch number. This can sometimes resolve the problem.
Step #3: If the previous steps didn't resolve the issue, try using the Callingly desktop or mobile apps.
3. The Call is Going Straight to My Voicemail
If calls are being sent straight to your voicemail, first determine if this is occurring for inbound or outbound calls.
- For inbound calls: ensure that Call Screening is turned on in the number settings.
If this issue persists, you can try the following solutions:
Solution #1: Add your team's dispatch number as a contact in your phone.
Solution #2: If the first solution doesn't work, consider trying a new dispatch number. You can purchase a new one on the Numbers page and then set it as the dispatch number for the team in the team settings.
4. Voicemail Messages Left When I Don’t Pick Up
If you find that the system is leaving voicemail messages when you are unable to pick up, adjust the Ring Time in your account settings.
Make sure it is set to be less than your phone's voicemail timeout. This will help avoid voicemail messages when you're unable to answer the call in time.